Back in November 2011 I wrote a little post about a problem I solved: IBM (formerly Lotus) Notes wasn’t using the correct browser in Windows if Google Chrome was in the mix. The post peaked in 2013 yet is still the #1 thing people come to my site to view. In Japan we’re on 2018 day 004. I already have 18 views on this one very old, very specific post. It started as a quick note so I wouldn’t forget how to fix it.
I’m pleased people still find it useful while a bit surprised by the longevity.
Sorting Org Mode lists using a sequence of regular expressions:
I manually categorize Emacs News links into an Org unordered list, and then I reorganize the list by using M-S-up (org-shiftmetaup) and M-S-down (org-shiftmetadown). I decide to combine or split categories depending on the number of links. I have a pretty consistent order. John Wiegley suggested promoting Emacs Lisp and Emacs development links at the top of the list. I like to sort the rest of the list roughly by interest: general links first, then Org, then coding, then other links at the bottom.
(Via Emacs – Sacha Chua)
I always look forward to Sacha’s weekly Emacs News articles. She always finds one or two things I find interesting.
I’ve often wondered how she puts it together, and now I know. I might have a use for her method and code at work. Hmm …
If you’re looking for a solid, vetted source for information on the CPU vulnerabilities announced by Google, IBM X-Force Exchange is a great resource.