- AdBlock Plus (powerful; I’ll post my recommendations on how I configure it) !
- BetterPrivacy !
- UPDATE 12/06: Buffer ^ I use it for updating to @twitter, @app.net, @linkedin, and @facebook (when I don’t disable it)
- DoNotTrackMe !
- Download Statusbar (in the extension options, set it for mini mode and move it to the Nav bar) *
- UPDATE 12/12: DownThemAll! ^
- UPDATE 12/05: Evernote Web Clipper ^
- FoxyProxy Standard !
- Ghostery (sometimes it causes problems; disable if your browser gets sluggish or scripts time out) !
- HTTPS-Everywhere !
- LastPass !
- UPDATE 12/12: Lazarus: Form Recovery ^
- Nav Bar On Title Bar (Windows only) *
- NoScript (powerful; I’ll post my recommendations on how I configure it) !
- Stylish *
- Tab Mix Plus (I’ll have a whole other post describing how to configure TMP) *
- Tiny Menu (not needed in Ubuntu Unity or Windows or OS X – unless you disable the OS integration) *
- Vertical Tabs (I immediately resize the tab bar to only show the icon) *
- Xmarks (whitelist xmarks.com in NoScript before installing) ^
Several of the above are from my Widescreen Firefox post (signified by a *). The others are primarily for security & privacy (signified by a !) or convenience (signified by a ^).
Since I’m away from my main machine I might have missed an extension, but t These are the mainstays of my Firefox experience.
In the Customize Toolbar dialog I enable “Use Small Icons” and remove the search bar, the home button, and the bookmarks button.
There are more customizations, but this is enough for now. I will post additional tweaks to this later.
The other todo is coming up with a good mechanism for distributing the various add-ons’ configurations to other systems. Dropbox may be the obvious solution, but check back here for updates.
Has this been helpful to you? What are your must have extensions or tweaks to Firefox? I didn’t even get into my about:config adjustments. Those will be updated here, too.