What I am doing now …
I’m enjoying homeownership even though I have some expensive repairs coming soon. I’ve got some changes coming in preparation for the work that will make it even better.
Spending lots of time with the SO and friends. I need to spend more with sister, bro-in-law, and nieces.
Work is the least interesting thing I have going on.
I rocked the 2022 Spring term. I have one more paper and then looking forward to picking some more up in the Summer.
I don’t know if I’m coming out of my funk. I was laid up with some ickiness, thus my feeling better might be more than just the illness recovery.
- This is how you lose the time war, Amal El-Mohtar; Max Gladstone
- The Shadow of the Torturer, Gene Wolfe
- The Daily Stoic, Ryan Holiday
- The Atlantic
- The New Yorker
- The New York Times
- New Yorker
- The Wall Street Journal
- The Washington Post
- The Chattanooga Times Free Press
- The Tennessee Lookout
My reading was down last week.
- Fugitive Telemetry, Martha Wells (not as enjoyable as the previous material but just what I needed when I needed it; 3 of 5)
- The Galaxy, and the Ground Within, Becky Chambers (I’m sad-bordering-on-despondent she’s leaving this universe; 4.5 of 5)
- Lucifer, Netflix, 3.5/5
- The Great, Hulu, 3.5/5
- Only Murderers in the Building, Hulu, 4.5/5
- The Eternals, in theater, horribly boring and someone forgot to turn on the lights, 1/5
- Get Back, Disney+, 5/5
- Monty Python documentary, Netflix, 4/5
- Podcasts, mostly TBTL, Jordan, Jesse, Go and Stop Podcasting Yourself.
- Paul McCartney, Wings, the Beatles, George Harrison: various
- The Cars: The Cars and Heartbreak City
- The Postal Service: Give Up
- John Prine
- A work focus playlist on Apple Music made up of game soundtracks
- A lot of Phoebe Bridgers and related artists.
- Rediscovered Cowboy Mouth
- Love Ire and Song, Frank Turner
- She, Harry Connick Jr.
- Gimme Fiction, Spoon
- How We Operate, Gomez
… I rebooted this site to make it more IndieWeb friendly, ActivityPub enabled, and more social in general. I intended to cast off years of technical debt aside (but all is still available at TokyoGringo.myjp.net), but ended up re-importing the old posts. If you can’t find something by an old link reference, try the search function.
Last updated 2021-05-16
Thanks to Derek Sivers for the idea.