It’s worth checking if the rules we hold dear, and fast to are helping the people we serve.
- Why does this rule exist?
- Does this rule benefit the majority of our customers? How?
- Do we have difficulty looking people in the eye when we explain this rule? Why?
- What story does this rule tell the customer [and ourselves] about our values?
- How does this rule make us better?
- What would happen if we scrapped this rule?
Doing what’s accepted or expected isn’t necessarily the right thing to do.
(Via The Story of Telling)
I like this.