Random musings and reflections and notes from my current trip to Tokyo:
- The Hilton Tokyo Shinjuku doesn’t answer their phone. I tried calling three times to inform them of my delayed arrival. I called the Hilton Diamond Help Desk and even they couldn’t confirm the information was understood once they managed to communicate with the hotel. Apparently this location has a reputation.
- Delta still doesn’t know how to board planes. Our flight took 40% longer to board than it should have (by my estimation). Boarding was like elderly man’s urination stream, dribbles and drabs.
- Airbus might want to have airlines mount signs at the entry informing passengers where the row numbers are.
- I do love the overhead bins on the Airbus A320(OW), the “turn your bag on its side” kind.
- It’s funny that the cabin crew had to explain how the “space ship” style overhead controls work, and funny how they did it.
- The woman sitting next to me is 5’0″ or so, yet she has an iPhone 6s Plus. She uses it like a tablet and it works well for her. I’m oddly impressed.
- The Hootoo travel router ROCKS.