What I am doing now …
I’m still lucky to have a sister and brother-in-law who let me stay with them in Chattanooga, TN while I figure out my next move. I work from home, especially these quarantined days, and am thankful for those who continue to go into work to do things like shipping, delivering, stocking, and a mind-boggling array of other things one cannot do remotely.
I cook. I clean. I play with my nieces. I provide tech support. I buy groceries and the occasional bit of take out.
OK. I think the malaise everyone has is with me, too.
- How to Hide an Empire: A History of the Greater United States by Daniel Immerwahr (Public Library)
- The Essential Calvin and Hobbes: A Calvin and Hobbes Treasury by Bill Watterson
- The Colour of Magic by Terry Prachett (Public Library) (review coming)
- Lock In by John Scalzi
- Head On by John Scalzi
- Aurora by Kim Stanley Robinson (review coming)
- The Glass Hotel by Emily St. John Mandel
- The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey (Public Library) (review coming)
- Podcasts, though mostly just TBTL – Too Beautiful To Live (APM | other pod places)
- A work focus playlist on Apple Music made up of game soundtracks
- Vacationland – True Stories From Painful Beaches by John Hodgman (Public Library | Libro.FM) (review coming)
- A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court by Mark Twiain read by Nick Offerman
… I rebooted this site to make it more IndieWeb friendly, ActivityPub enabled, and more social in general. I cast of years of technical debt aside (but all is still available at TokyoGringo.myjp.net).
Last updated 15 April 2020
Thanks to Derek Sivers for the idea.