Quick hits as I re-ramp up my Week Ending posts.
- Holidays in Japan while I’m back in the States.
- Great feedback from the client about our work.
- Wish I’d attended @Derbycon.
- I’ve been back in Detroit on my return from Tokyo. Spent time with my kids, fun time talking about Tokyo and getting sushi (their idea) and my impending move.
- A great guest joined us on @pvcsec – Marcelle Lee.
- Professionally I connected with some new folk and a bunch of friends & colleagues.
On my way to Tokyo as I write this, taking a break from a lengthy client report due in a few weeks.
I’m appreciative of some things:
Economy+ (or less an exit or lesser a bulkhead seat) makes a big difference for me when on a flight longer than two hours. Detroit to Tokyo and the return make it mandatory for me.
An unoccupied middle seat is wonderful.
A friendly and smaller than me person in the aisle seat makes getting out of my window seat (needed for potential naps, elbow protection, and no cart pummeling) outright delightful.
The 747: my favorite airplane. The 787 and 380 are swell and all. For my money there is nothing like flying this beautiful double-decker. I will fly the lower and upper decks in business/first class before they’re retired.
My new travel kit bag pleases me. Tom Bihn’s customer service is matched by the quality of their products.
Audible books and podcasts on @pocketcasts make the trip entertaining and educational while I write.
Listeners of the PVC Security podcast already know I’m headed to Japan for a year or two on an assignment.
Now you know, too, readers yet non PVCSec subscribers. Why aren’t you listening to the podcast?
I depart for my first Tokyo visit in five years this week. I’m excited to see the city again without having to rush out so quickly.
If you recommend venues for me to visit, please place them in the comments or tweet me at @prjorgensen with your keen insight.