What app is best to help me organize my far flung music files? My music library is a mess, and I need it to be less of one. This is very much a 90’s to early 10’s question, yet here I am.
- Not reliant on Apple iTunes/Music or Amazon Music or Google or similar
- Not reliant on Spotify or Pandora or similar streamer
- Handles open and closed (but DRM-free) formats (mp3, ogg, FLAC, ALAC, etc.)
- Properly tags files
- Actually organizes (moves files into a file structure)
- When uncertain, asks or leaves files to be reviewed (non-destructive)
I buy music media – LPs, CDs, cassettes. Some are new; some are used. New stuff I source from Bandcamp or artist sites or local stores.
※ I host a live radio show on WAWL.org every Thursday from 18:00-21:00 Eastern US Time (America/Detroit). There’s a story to it, one I will tell another day. I’ll also make a bigger deal about the show.